An esthetician is an individual authorized by the Georgia Board of Cosmetology to massage faces and necks; trim eyebrows; dye eyelashes and eyebrows; and wax, stimulate, cleanse or otherwise beautify the face, neck, arms, or legs of a customer.
Esthetician License Renewal
An esthetician's license expires on August 31 of odd-numbered years. To renew their license, an esthetician is required to take 5 hours of continuing education, including 3 hours of material concerning health and safety, at any point during the two-year active cycle. Our state-approved course covers the following topics:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Skin, Diseases, and Disorders
- Decontamination and Infection Control
- Additional Health & Safety Issues in the Salon Environment
Total: 5 hours of continuing education credits.
All Georgia estheticians must complete continuing education unless one of the following applies:
- If this is your first time renewing your license because you have received your license in the last two years prior to the expiration date;
- If you have been licensed for 25 years or longer and fill out the "Cosmetology Request for CE Waiver," which you can find here: http://sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/28%20Cosmetology%20Request%20for%20CE%20Waiver.pdf
- If you have a hardship relating to age, disability (whether permanent or temporary), illness, or other circumstances and fill out the "Cosmetology Request for CE Waiver," which you can find here: http://sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/28%20Cosmetology%20Request%20for%20CE%20Waiver.pdf