A hair designer is an individual authorized by the Georgia Board of Cosmetology to cut, dress, singe, shampoo, and dye hair.
Hair Designer License Renewal
A hair designer's license expires on September 30 of even-numbered years. To renew their license, a hair designer is required to take 5 hours of continuing education, including 3 hours of material concerning health and safety, at any point during the two-year active cycle. Our state-approved course covers the following topics:
- Bloodborne Pathogens
- Skin, Diseases, and Disorders
- Decontamination and Infection Control
- Additional Health & Safety Issues in the Salon Environment
Total: 5 hours of continuing education credits.
Only the following conditions exempt you from continuing education requirements:
- If this is your first time renewing your license because you have received your license in the last two years prior to the expiration date;
- If you have been licensed for 25 years or longer and fill out the "Cosmetology Request for CE Waiver," which you can find here: http://sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/28%20Cosmetology%20Request%20for%20CE%20Waiver.pdf
- If you have a hardship relating to age, disability (whether permanent or temporary), illness, or other circumstances and fill out the "Cosmetology Request for CE Waiver," which you can find here: http://sos.georgia.gov/acrobat/PLB/28%20Cosmetology%20Request%20for%20CE%20Waiver.pdf